Thursday, October 2, 2008

My September EFT Story

Just the other day, I went out to grab the mail. It was absolutely beautiful. and daughter did not want to go back inside. I decided to spend a few moments pruning my garden. As I bent down to remove some weeds, I was stung twice by wasps hiding in one of my evergreen bushes. Boy did that hurt!
Almost instantly, my fingers began to swell and pain throbbed up my arm. By the time I gathered my wits and my daughter to enter the house, my throat began to close over, I was feeling a tightening in my chest and pain was now crossing my collarbone to my neck.

I have a potentially fatal allergy to stings, and I carry an Epi-pen wherever I go. Because I only walked to the mailbox at the end of my driveway, I did not have my Epi-Pen with me.

In a few moments, panic started to set in as I frantically tried to remember where my medication was. It was getting harder to breathe now and I was alone with my baby girl (2 yrs). I knew from experience and my symptoms that I did not have a lot of time before I needed a shot.
I have used EFT for emotions of being overwhelmed, frustrated, and for anger, but never for something this serious for myself.

I concentrated on the panic as I began my EFT tapping. After two rounds, the swelling began to subside, and the pain in my arm was reduced to below my wrist and hand. Within roughly fifteen minutes, it was almost completely gone. I think I may have even missed a few tapping spots. My results amazed me. My husband was recently stung and it took four days with medicated topical creams to relieve his swelling and pain - and he does not have an allergy. The stings happended at about 3:30 PM, and when my son arrived home from school at 4:30 PM there was only two tiny white bumps where the stings had been. When I showed my husband an hour later, there were no marks or swelling left at all. All of my symptoms had also disappeared except for a feeling of bruising when touched where the stings had been. My faith in EFT was now concrete.

Do I recommend you give up your Epi-Pen or meds? NO! EFT is amazing and works the majority of the time, but even I will still carry my pen - just in case. I do recommend you learn EFT though. Chick it out at emofree.com. As Gray Craig says, "Try it on everything". EFT often works when nothing else will - even when you don't believe it will. Fred and I discuss EFT in our new book and provide step-by-step instructions on how to use it, it's theory and it's history. We have modified it a bit and added some other techniques to make it even more powerful and we also teach it in our classes. Read up on it for free at Gary Craig's site http://emofree.com

Parents: EFT is great for kids. you can play Simon Says while tapping to help them sleep, deal with frustration, or to cope with test anxiety to name a few things!

No comments: